WELCOME TO ACTIVATE YOUR ENGLISH
Getting Started: Useful tutorials to help you on WizIQ
Watch these tutorials which will tell you how to join the WizIQ site and how to find a class, join it and then launch the class to go into it. Click on the link to view the video:
2. Joining a class on WizIQ: Follow this link to view the video:
How to use the Blog:
This is a space for those who are coming to lessons online. Here you can:
- 1) read the activities and the preparation work to do before coming to a class;
- 2) do follow up activities after your classes;
- 3) follow links to interesting resources and sites;
- 4) post your own ideas, media etc; (Always remember to save your work)
- 5) join in the discussions (click on the tab at the top of the page.)
SUMMER COURSE 2011: 6 WEEKLY LESSONS JUNE/JULY: all online
Lessons will be once a week on Tuesdays at 12.00 from June 21st to July 26th (all lessons are recorded so if you miss a lesson you can watch the video, although missing lessons should be avoided.)
Summer Course Lesson One 21st June 2011
Summer is coming and we all think about going out in the open air, and what do we see around us? What do we consider to be art, decoration or beauty? Stop a minute and think about these questions.
What do you consider to be beautiful?
How do you express yourself creatively?
Do you think there is a difference between graffiti and street art?
Now watch this video from the BBC:
Does anything surprise you or make you stop and think?
WORKSHEETS downloaded from macmillanglobal
Here is a worksheet that you can do before you come to class
Here are the teacher’s notes for you to find the answers to the excercises (Check the wordstress exercise in your monolingual dictionary)